Halology

A place to have fun, forget about life, and discuss Halo.

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

No new posts in over 1 week. Why?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Efx007
Webmasters
Webmasters

Number of posts : 205
Humor : I am funy.
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: No new posts in over 1 week. Why?   Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:09 pm

So this site has become officially "inactive". Why? Forge Arcine is doing great! Everyone is active!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NewbAmoeba
Headmasters
Headmasters

Number of posts : 276
Humor : Knowledgeable staff
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: No new posts in over 1 week. Why?   Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:25 am

I have been looking around as to the reason this site is inactive.

In general, we were once a pretty respected and well known forging site. Then we split off into a bigger forum dedicated to more things, but with fewer members. You cannot go from a smaller topic to a bigger topic with more members to fewer members.

People came to Pro-Forge to talk about Forge, discuss it, because for some it was their hobby. Now, Halology, being a Halo dedicated site, has a larger span of things to discuss, AS WELL AS forging, but with less due members. Thus, in-activeness has appeared. There's not much you can do to stop it.

Forge Arcine, though, started on the right path to success. All you had to do was discuss the Forge, and it grew rapidly. You need more people to discuss more things, and generally, people tend to hang onto popular, active websites. Responsively, and in this process, Forge Arcine has a proud amount of members, and they join to discuss Forge. When you have a community the size of Bungie.net, discussing everything about Halo is an easy matter.

I can deemingly assume that I am the most active member here, or if I may say, "only one still looking about". People like new things. Forge Arcine is new, and out there. Halology is old and in the dust. To be completely honest, Halology has failed. Its a thing of life, nothing you can or cannot prevent.

Becoming a staff member of Halology, I was excited to be able to run such a nice and active community. But where my pride stood the community fell. The main reason of the downpouring of Halology is due to the large amount of staff members. The staff members were picked because they were active. Other than us, only a select few were. When you have more staff than you need, it goes downhill. Now, if you select a moderative host to be staff that is somewhat INACTIVE but reliable, you have created an active member. You might say there are risks to that, but to be honest there are risks to every decision you make. If people such as Bane, Stonato and Pwndcube became staff, the current staff would still be active, but people, when recognizing they have authority, most take it reasonably. Which is highly reasonable in itself, and true.

But most of us would venture to say "most staff wouldn't be active, they have nothing to worry about then". Staff could be the ultimate goal in joining a forum, but when really it is the first step. Now if you were to ponder upon finding an example, IceIsNice would take the cake (no offense, whatsoever.) Back in Halology's glory days, IceIsNice was selected as a staff member. But he slowly fell off the tree and became inactive, which removed his moderator status. I can count literally no more than ten active members (staff or registered) here.

The problem is that there is none!

There's no reason for people like you and me (if you're reading this, rare)
to even type this link into the address bar, because:

1. Its not fun here
2. Its very inactive
3. Its a waste of time

So, let me leave you all with this thought.

Good websites don't just "happen", they are raised from the ground up,
and constantly being built on, built on, and built on. Halology has failed and has tried building from top to bottom and has been corrupted. I saw it coming before I even joined.

Halology doesn't have a foundation!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://exleague.forumotion.com/index.htm
Efx007
Webmasters
Webmasters

Number of posts : 205
Humor : I am funy.
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: No new posts in over 1 week. Why?   Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:35 pm

That's what I was thinking. You hit it on the head of the nail. Why was proforge taken down when it was very active? I loved that site and they decided to take it down. Instead of improving ProForge and buildin it up to this type of site, they started from the top and went down. Dumb move.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No new posts in over 1 week. Why?   

Back to top Go down

No new posts in over 1 week. Why?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1