Halology

A place to have fun, forget about life, and discuss Halo.

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

New Photoshop Project! Whats your opinion?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

How do you like it?
5 (Perfect)
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
4 (Excellent)
50%
 50% [ 3 ]
3 (Good)
33%
 33% [ 2 ]
2 (Fair)
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
1 (Poor)
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
oTACTITIONo
Spartan
Spartan

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: New Photoshop Project! Whats your opinion?   Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:26 am

Base Pic:

I wanted this pic because it shows his personality better, but the picture wasn't centered enough for my idea. It would have worked had the picture showed his whole gun.

Final Product V1:
After way too much time and effort...

Final Product V.2:

I was really bored one night so I decided to just sit down and mess with photoshop for a few minutes. A few minutes turned into two hours and I came out with this. I flipping love this signature. For those of you who do not know, the guy in the sig is Pvt. Daniel Jackson from Saving Private Ryan. By far the most 1337 character EVER in existence, they had to bring a whole freaking tank to bring him down. Even though he killed like 15 guys with just a sniper before they got him. (Yeah, if you havn't seen it I HIGHLY suggest you watch it.)

Anywho, this sig took me an uber long time because I kept changing my mind about everything. Lighting was off, wrong focus point, poor colors, it needs something else, etc. The final product is completely different from my original idea besides the base pic. So yeah, how do you guys like it? What would you like to see changed? I personally think the left side needs something added to it (Not with V.2, I added that one after I posted). Right now the sig as a whole looks a little too simple even though it has 30-40 layers on it (For those of you who know anything about photo editing). I also want a different text effect, but I want to keep the border and the glowing/transparent theme it has for the text. Any ideas?

If you actually read that whole thing put (**) in the begginning of your reply!

Last edited by oTACTITIONo on Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pwndcube
Scout
Scout

Number of posts : 108
Humor : I still don't get this box!
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: New Photoshop Project! Whats your opinion?   Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:26 pm

(**) Maybe on the left side you could add Jackson or Daniel Jackson in another glowing font
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AceOfSpades
Webmasters
Webmasters

Number of posts : 253

PostSubject: Re: New Photoshop Project! Whats your opinion?   Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:08 pm

**I think it is fine the way it is! For the left side, I would perhaps move the design next to your username and maybe make it bigger to fill it out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Efx007
Webmasters
Webmasters

Number of posts : 205
Humor : I am funy.

PostSubject: Re: New Photoshop Project! Whats your opinion?   Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:20 pm

Wxcellent! It is better than I could ever do!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oTACTITIONo
Spartan
Spartan

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: New Photoshop Project! Whats your opinion?   Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:40 am

Thanks for all the feedback you guys. I would move the design over and make my name bigger like Ace said, but that is much harder than it sounds. Their are tons of things that woul dhave to be drastically altered in order to do that. So I would have to just add something over the top. Like a text effect or soemthing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AceOfSpades
Webmasters
Webmasters

PostSubject: Re: New Photoshop Project! Whats your opinion?   Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:10 am

oTACTITIONo wrote:
Thanks for all the feedback you guys. I would move the design over and make my name bigger like Ace said, but that is much harder than it sounds. Their are tons of things that woul dhave to be drastically altered in order to do that. So I would have to just add something over the top. Like a text effect or soemthing.

Instead, you could keep the insignia and name the same size over their, but add a brush in the left open space. Perhaps a cross hair, or something else of your choice. I don't think it would look good with a splatter or vector brush though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EvilExo
Webmasters
Webmasters

Number of posts : 74
Humor : Drunk

PostSubject: Re: New Photoshop Project! Whats your opinion?   Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:24 am

Nice..(4)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AceOfSpades
Webmasters
Webmasters

PostSubject: Re: New Photoshop Project! Whats your opinion?   Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:44 pm

Efx007 wrote:
Bored. Wazzup? Does anyone notice a lack of activity here?

Out of topic?...

Tac is working on the new version! I think :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Photoshop Project! Whats your opinion?   

Back to top Go down

New Photoshop Project! Whats your opinion?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1