Halology

A place to have fun, forget about life, and discuss Halo.

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Guide : How to make a successful Forge Map.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AleExThEgReAt22
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Guide : How to make a successful Forge Map.   Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:06 pm

Innovative
OK first of all you gotta analyze what your gonna do, think every pro and contra. be sure that its an innovative map, you don't wanna make something its been done before. So make sure you visit Community Flies 2 or 3 times before making your map.
Just to make sure nobody has done it.

Can I?
Before you rush into doing your map, make sure it can be done. I suggest making a close average of what objects are you gonna use, that way you will not end up with missing objects. This happened to me before. and I tell you I´t ain't funny. So think again. Can I do that? if you cant...well think of what other object could be used in replacement. Be careful with this step couse it may ruin your map.

Let´s GO!
After you analyzed it, its time for you to grab the controller and start forging, rember be patient sometimes forging can get into your nerves. so if your stuck with something don't give up you'll be amazed what you can reach with a little bit of patience. I suggest starting with the hard stuff, like the main parts of the map, don't get into to details till the structure is made.

Testing
Before you upload the map into Bungie.net, make sure you have tested it, gather some friends and play your map, make sure it has no mistakes, otherwise you can end up in the horrible situation of error comments...like, hey dude your respawns suck, or CTF wont work. and you don't want that. So gather your friends and test your map. If for some reason they don't wanna help you. tellem you'll add a Thanks to testers. and add their gamertag. maybe that will make them help you.

EPIC pictures
This is an elementary phase to succeed, PICTURES, make sure to take epic pictures from your map, I made several polls about it. and I came with the theory of good pics = Download, and please take pics of the map also, that way they will know what they are downloading. I suggest this. save the film of the test games, that way you will also take pictures of the map in action, that will give you some more downloads.

Map Name and Description
OK this is a vary important decision, make a name that grabs attention, that way they will go ¨Oh that map sounds INTERESTING¨ and they will enter your thread. and the description, make sure it explains the map in brief words and that they sound interesting. Something catchy. like WOW is that a giant robot. no its bungienator you moron. something like that.
So think very well this. it might be the difference between 10,000 and 1000 Downloads.

UPLOADING
If you don't know how to please read below.
1.-In any menu press start.
2.-Select Fileshare
3.-Select a slot
4.-Select the branch you gonna upload (pics, video, map, game variant)
5.-Done!
6.-It will be placed in you Bungie.net account fileshare.

Posting into Bungie.net Forums
This is necessary, you gotta make an interesting post, make sure to link some pics. and the map description. please be brief, you don't wanna bore them to death. make sure its neat and readable. next I will post a link of how should it look like. oh and the SUBJECT! like I said before make something catchy. and think what does a subject contains that makes me enter to it?

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=16292612

This was I guide on how to make a successful map, I hope it helps you.

Guide by, AlExThEgReAt22. With this guide I shall end My Forge Career. Sad

Last edited by AleExThEgReAt22 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IceIsNice
Sergeant
Sergeant

Number of posts : 70

PostSubject: Re: Guide : How to make a successful Forge Map.   Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:15 pm

Very useful, thank you. Coming from someone like you, this is a huge help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AceOfSpades
Webmasters
Webmasters

Number of posts : 253

PostSubject: Re: Guide : How to make a successful Forge Map.   Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:18 pm

Very useful; should be pinned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oTACTITIONo
Spartan
Spartan

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Guide : How to make a successful Forge Map.   Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:32 am

Woot, great idea Alex. I knew most of the stuff you said, but this can be really helpful for someone who is about to start there first forge creation. I know I screwed upa few times on my first map Hideout. I used to think it was the greatest map in the world, but now tha ti made Rooftops I have realized how crappy it really is. Razz

Thanks for the final Hoorah. We will all miss you. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stewie2552
Webmasters
Webmasters

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Guide : How to make a successful Forge Map.   Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:32 am

always important steps. use them all the time!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IceIsNice
Sergeant
Sergeant

Number of posts : 70

PostSubject: Re: Guide : How to make a successful Forge Map.   Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:36 am

oTACTITIONo wrote:
Woot, great idea Alex. I knew most of the stuff you said, but this can be really helpful for someone who is about to start there first forge creation. I know I screwed upa few times on my first map Hideout. I used to think it was the greatest map in the world, but now tha ti made Rooftops I have realized how crappy it really is. Razz

Thanks for the final Hoorah. We will all miss you. Sad
Reminds me of a my first foundry map: Ambush. I thought it would make BF for sure, but it is a total mess. I'm probably gonna give up on the dome thing too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stewie2552
Webmasters
Webmasters

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Guide : How to make a successful Forge Map.   Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:46 pm

how come ppl always quote him. so wat if he uses big words and writes like 5 paragraphs?!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blamedraptor
Sergeant
Sergeant

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Guide : How to make a successful Forge Map.   Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:08 pm

good steps thanks for the guide
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forgearcine.forummotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guide : How to make a successful Forge Map.   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1